Monday, January 29, 2007

I miss home!!




Time goes so quickly. The Chinese Spring Festival is coming. Mom send me an e-mail yesterday, and she told me all of my family members are shopping to prepare for this important time. I envy them and I envy all the people in China as they can enjoy this wonderful festival. The Chinese Spring Festival is the most traditional and important festival in China, just like Christmas in Western countries. In Spring festival, people don’t go to work; students don’t have class. It’s the time that family members stay together, and celebrate the New Year. At that time, elders also give their juniors money. It’s a custom which has continued for a long time. I got a lot of money every year during this time, and I could use this money by myself without my parents’ permission. That’s the most exciting thing in this festival. Moreover, we can go to our relatives and friends’ home to have dinner together, and then they will visit my home to do the same thing. During the whole festival, I can have wonderful meal everyday! How fantastic my life was at that time ! However, I will miss 2007’s Spring Festival for sure. I really want to fly back to China, and have fun with my family! I miss them a lot!!!! I want to join this important time!!!

6 comments:

anna said...

Hi Jennifer,
Each year on the Russian TV we could see videoreports from China about your Festival. Cyties were decorated with flowers, a lot of red dragons and lights, etc. It was so impressive. Why dont you arrange the same Festival here? You have so many friends from China.
Yulia

Felice said...

That's a very good idea that Yulia suggested :) i would join you :) by the way, when exactly is that festival?

Loreta

EsTella said...

The spring festival has the same meaning for our chinese as the X'mas for the western people>>>

Yeeeee
Maybe we should have a spring festival party*^*

Scott Douglas said...

The spring festival sounds so fun! Do Chinese people in Calgary celebrate this time too? Is it the same as Chinese New Year? I love Chinese New Year!

Steven said...

Or, let's take a look at your blog. Or, my god! ” Money, a lot of money, dinner, wonderful meal.” How fantastic your life is. I can understand your mind without the Festival in your home. If I were you, I would cry aloud. Without” Money, a lot of money, dinner, wonderful meal,” the life will become dull.
By the way, who are you? Maybe I know you, but I can’t match you with your name. Your blog is so funny!

Nick Yang said...

Spring festival is a special holiday for all the Chinese. I hope you can realize you goal in the new year.^_^